It looks like the entire content of this blog was lost I changed the title, so I guess this is reboot for 2013. What better way to start fresh that with an image from the “Femme Fatale” project? Thank you to my collaborators, the marvelous model Mimi Graczyk, hair by Kris Theohar, makeup by Christoper McKinney and photo styling by Susan Page. I hope to pick up the pace on this and other art projects this year.
This workflow has become pretty much my standard for fashion and beauty work:
- Capture tethered to a laptop using Nikon Camera Control Pro 2 and ViewNX 2
- At the end of the day, import pictures to a new Lightroom catalog for tagging and sorting
- Process the RAW picks in DxO Optics Pro 8, output as DNG files and import to Lightroom
- From Lightroom, run through basic beauty and fashion retouching in Photoshop CS6
- Apply a standard “look” using a custom recipe in Nik Color Efex Pro 4, which for me usually involves application of tone and contrast filters.
- Finish in Lightroom with a develop preset to complete the look. For this series, I’m using a split tone with a sepia wash and blue shadows.
camera: Nikon D800
lens: AF Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8D
exposure: ISO 800 @ f/25 @ 1/80s
lighting: vintage Broncolor beauty dish